Ⅰ. The New Federal State of China News
1. U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said on Wednesday he has certified to congress that Hong Kong does not warrant differential treatment under a law that called for the United States to maintain a relationship with the island similar to that enjoyed before it was returned to Chinese control in 1997.
2. Former White House Trade Adviser Peter Navarro went on Fox News late Tuesday to claim that the nation’s top infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci engineered the pandemic currently ravaging the globe.
3. Britain will on Wednesday push G7 allies to get tough on China over “pernicious practices” that undermine the international trading system, calling for an overhaul of outdated and ineffective World Trade Organization rules.
4. China said Wednesday that Ruili, the southwestern city of in Yunnan Province, a border city with Myanmar has been locked down, as nine people, including Myanmar nationals, have been newly confirmed to be infected with the novel coronavirus.
5. The 570-page National Trade Estimate Report released by the U.S. government on Wednesday showed that Washington will continue to challenge China and other countries that impose trade barriers or other regulatory hurdles, and limit access to U.S. companies.
6. Taiwan has decided to buy an upgraded version of Lockheed Martin Corp’s Patriot surface-to-air missile, the air force said on Wednesday, as the island bolsters its forces to guard against a rising threat from China.
7. Myanmar might face a civil war “at an unprecedented scale,” the UN special envoy for the country warned at a closed session of the UN Security Council on Wednesday. the US was continuing to call on China to hold those responsible for the coup “to account.”
8. World Health Organization COVID-19 investigator Peter Daszak admitted to his long-standing “collaboration” with a host of Chinese Communist Party entities while speaking with China Global Television Network.
9. White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan, in a call with Philippines national security adviser Hermogenes Esperon on Wednesday, discussed their shared concerns over Chinese activities at Whitsun Reef in the South China Sea.
10. Chinese Communist Party says “a majority of friendly and developing countries” at the United Nations signed on to a Cuban diplomatic statement branding CCP’s Uighur genocide a manufactured political crisis, but there is zero documentation supporting that claim, according to a U.N. official.
11. Chile’s competition regulator on Wednesday approved a $3 billion takeover by China’s State Grid International Development of Spanish power company Naturgy’s Chilean unit Compania General de Electricidad (CGE). The Chinese Communist Party’s penetration of South America threatens core U.S. interests in the region.
12. Boeing Co urged the United States on Wednesday to keep disputes over human rights and other topics separate from trade relations with Beijing, and warned that European rival Airbus would gain if the U.S. planemaker were locked out of China. This represents a deep confrontation between Western civilized nations and CCP, and Boeing has not made such a direct statement about the confrontation during the Trump administration.
13. About 200 Chinese ships have been massing near the disputed Whitsun Reef in the South China Sea, raising concerns among the Philippines and other neighbors as well as the U.S. Philippines said on Wednesday that Chinese “militia” ships had spread to other disputed coral reefs as well.
II. World News
1. CCP virus was the third underlying cause of death in 2020 after heart disease and cancer, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed on Wednesday.
2.Two top Republicans are asking the Justice Department and intelligence community to hand over to Congress any and all intelligence records tied to Chinese government-connected foreign nationals who had business dealings with Hunter Biden.
3. French President Emmanuel Macron reimposed a nationwide lockdown. The cost of the blockade is estimated at 11 billion euros a month, according to the French Economy Ministry.
Himalaya Moscow Katyusha（RU）YinHe