视频:种族主义是种族主义者的问题,也是产生种族主义的社会问题

内容:

I am a descendant of slaves.

我是一个奴隶的后裔

My great-grandmother, Mary Thomas, born in 1865,

我的曾祖母,玛丽·托马斯,生于1865年

Was the child of a slave – this is just three generations back from me.

是一名儿童奴隶 – 到我这儿是三代人

I grew up in the segregated South, I was bused to a segregated school

我在种族隔离的南方长大,我被送往一所隔离的学校上学

And on weekends the Ku Klux Klan burned crosses on lawns in our neighborhood.

周末,3K党(Ku Klux Klan)在我们的邻里附近的草坪上烧了十字架

When I was in high school, I was asked by a little girl for whom I babysat,

当我上高中的时候,有一个小女孩问我,我是谁的保姆

If I was an n-word, because her dad had used that word for me.

如果我是黑奴,因为她的父亲曾用过这个词形容我

I know the ugly face of racism

我知道种族主义的丑陋嘴脸

I lived racism. I have experienced racism.  And I survived racism.

我在种族主义之中生活过。 我经历过种族主义。而且我在种族主义中幸存下来

And through this process, I learned a simple truth

通过这个过程,我学到了一个简单的道理

Racism is not the problem of the person who experiences it.

种族主义不是经历它的人的问题

Those of us who experience racism cannot and should not, internalize it.

我们当中那些经历种族主义的人们不能也不应将其内部化

Despite the impact it can have on our everyday lives.

尽管它会影响我们的日常生活

We must face it down every time, no matter whom it’s directed towards.

无论它是针对谁的,我们每次都必须面对它

Racism is the problem of the racist, and it is the problem of the society that produces the racist-

种族主义是种族主义者的问题,也是产生种族主义的社会问题

and in today’s world, that is every society.

在当今世界,那是每个社会的问题

———————————————–

英听校:    康州盘古农场 – Layka
翻译:       康州盘古农场 – Layka
翻译终校:康州盘古农场 – Mike Li
字幕+视频制作:康州盘古农场-天涯行
审片:康州盘古农场-银龙
发文:康州盘古农场-轰炸机

+1
0 评论
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments