視頻:種族主義是種族主義者的問題,也是產生種族主義的社會問題

内容:

I am a descendant of slaves.

我是一個奴隸的後裔

My great-grandmother, Mary Thomas, born in 1865,

我的曾祖母,瑪麗·湯瑪斯,生於1865年

Was the child of a slave – this is just three generations back from me.

是一名兒童奴隸 – 到我這兒是三代人

I grew up in the segregated South, I was bused to a segregated school

我在種族隔離的南方長大,我被送往一所隔離的學校上學

And on weekends the Ku Klux Klan burned crosses on lawns in our neighborhood.

週末,3K黨(Ku Klux Klan)在我們的鄰里附近的草坪上燒了十字架

When I was in high school, I was asked by a little girl for whom I babysat,

當我上高中的時候,有一個小女孩問我,我是誰的保姆

If I was an n-word, because her dad had used that word for me.

如果我是黑奴,因為她的父親曾用過這個詞形容我

I know the ugly face of racism

我知道種族主義的醜陋嘴臉

I lived racism. I have experienced racism.  And I survived racism.

我在種族主義之中生活過。 我經歷過種族主義。而且我在種族主義中倖存下來

And through this process, I learned a simple truth

通過這個過程,我學到了一個簡單的道理

Racism is not the problem of the person who experiences it.

種族主義不是經歷它的人的問題

Those of us who experience racism cannot and should not, internalize it.

我們當中那些經歷種族主義的人們不能也不應將其內部化

Despite the impact it can have on our everyday lives.

儘管它會影響我們的日常生活

We must face it down every time, no matter whom it’s directed towards.

無論它是針對誰的,我們每次都必須面對它

Racism is the problem of the racist, and it is the problem of the society that produces the racist-

種族主義是種族主義者的問題,也是產生種族主義的社會問題

and in today’s world, that is every society. 在當今世界,那是每個社會的問題

———————————————–
英聽校:康州盤古農場 – Layka
翻譯:康州盤古農場 – Layka
翻譯終校:康州盤古農場 – Mike Li
字幕+視頻製作:康州盤古農場-天涯行
審片:康州盤古農場-銀龍
發文:康州盤古農場-轟炸機

+1
0 則留言
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments